In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
The REAL blame for the ILLEGAL alien crisis rests with the RINO, quisling, open border, "cheap" labor ilk like Dubya. They set the table for the left to engorge themselves. Once the 10 million+ became entrenched, we were headed down the inexorable path to amnesty. The Left has seen this all along! ALL we had needed to do was enforce EXISTING laws...no jobs and no freebies, no stay! It is SILLY to imagine that current ILLEGALS would ever vote for conservatives. They will simply join the guvment-dependent class, which is why the socialist the ObaMessiah is so anxious to embrace them.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 11 hours ago