In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
Fat chance of controlling such giveaways to the new dependent class...the Left has perfected this game over decades. a telling concurrent comment (slight edit)... lchapman Wrote: I live in one of most illegal-alien plagued areas of S. Calif. (Mexifornia)...a poll among ILLEGALS showed that over 70% of them came across the border, not for the freedoms we have, but because they like the big government we have ("free stuff"). Hmmm
- Be of good cheer, subjects: An heir to the throne is due Allahpundit 8 minutes ago
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 48 minutes ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 3 hours ago