It's well-known that public schools are not graduating students as well-educated as before, that Americans score poorly on international tests, and that billions of federal dollars showered on public schools have not achieved any of the designated goals, which were to raise test scores and to eliminate the gap between higher income and lower income students. The Obama progressives want us to believe that...
True education only happens when a child understands that it is for his/her benefit to work hard and develop the skills and knowledge given to them. I was taught by my parents that in order to survive in this world you needed an education. I never had another choice but to succeed at school. These children have all of these phone, video games, PDA's, television, etc to entertain them, why would they want to sit in a boring classroom and learn? Their appetites are full of the worldly entertainment making everything else repulsive. Too many parents then try to bribe their children into learning and that won't work. But what will is teaching them if they want one of those fancy phones, televisions, etc then here is how you get it!
When we list the areas that Barack Obama wants to "fundamentally transform," as he promised before his 2008 election, let's not overlook his plans for education. They are as fundamentally transformational, costly and dictatorial as Obamacare.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014