It's well-known that public schools are not graduating students as well-educated as before, that Americans score poorly on international tests, and that billions of federal dollars showered on public schools have not achieved any of the designated goals, which were to raise test scores and to eliminate the gap between higher income and lower income students. The Obama progressives want us to believe that...
True education only happens when a child understands that it is for his/her benefit to work hard and develop the skills and knowledge given to them. I was taught by my parents that in order to survive in this world you needed an education. I never had another choice but to succeed at school. These children have all of these phone, video games, PDA's, television, etc to entertain them, why would they want to sit in a boring classroom and learn? Their appetites are full of the worldly entertainment making everything else repulsive. Too many parents then try to bribe their children into learning and that won't work. But what will is teaching them if they want one of those fancy phones, televisions, etc then here is how you get it!
When we list the areas that Barack Obama wants to "fundamentally transform," as he promised before his 2008 election, let's not overlook his plans for education. They are as fundamentally transformational, costly and dictatorial as Obamacare.
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago