Democrats control California's Legislature, and its governor, Jerry Brown, is a Democrat. California is home to some of America's richest people and...
One eighth is 12.5%, so you and Mr. Williams basically agree on how many people live in CA with regards to the total US population. How much we pay recipients is irrelevant. You are mixing measurements. If we have roughtly 12% of the population our goal should be to have roughly 12% of the welfare recipents. No more, no less. And our welfare policies should be established to manage that number down to 12%. How much we pay those recipients is a matter of budgeting only.
California was once the land of opportunity, but it is going down the tubes. Several of California's prominent cities have declared bankruptcy, such as Vallejo, Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino. Others are on the precipice, and that includes Los Angeles, California's largest city. California's 2012 budget deficit is expected to top $28 billion, and its state debt is $618 billion. That's more than twice the size of New York's state debt, which itself is the second-highest in the nation.
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago