Democrats control California's Legislature, and its governor, Jerry Brown, is a Democrat. California is home to some of America's richest people and...
One eighth is 12.5%, so you and Mr. Williams basically agree on how many people live in CA with regards to the total US population. How much we pay recipients is irrelevant. You are mixing measurements. If we have roughtly 12% of the population our goal should be to have roughly 12% of the welfare recipents. No more, no less. And our welfare policies should be established to manage that number down to 12%. How much we pay those recipients is a matter of budgeting only.
California was once the land of opportunity, but it is going down the tubes. Several of California's prominent cities have declared bankruptcy, such as Vallejo, Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino. Others are on the precipice, and that includes Los Angeles, California's largest city. California's 2012 budget deficit is expected to top $28 billion, and its state debt is $618 billion. That's more than twice the size of New York's state debt, which itself is the second-highest in the nation.
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 48 mins ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago