Democrats control California's Legislature, and its governor, Jerry Brown, is a Democrat. California is home to some of America's richest people and...
One eighth is 12.5%, so you and Mr. Williams basically agree on how many people live in CA with regards to the total US population. How much we pay recipients is irrelevant. You are mixing measurements. If we have roughtly 12% of the population our goal should be to have roughly 12% of the welfare recipents. No more, no less. And our welfare policies should be established to manage that number down to 12%. How much we pay those recipients is a matter of budgeting only.
California was once the land of opportunity, but it is going down the tubes. Several of California's prominent cities have declared bankruptcy, such as Vallejo, Stockton, Mammoth Lakes and San Bernardino. Others are on the precipice, and that includes Los Angeles, California's largest city. California's 2012 budget deficit is expected to top $28 billion, and its state debt is $618 billion. That's more than twice the size of New York's state debt, which itself is the second-highest in the nation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago