Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago