A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 64% of Likely U.S. Voters prefer a government with fewer services and lower taxes over one with more services and higher taxes. That's unchanged from last month and consistent with findings in regular surveys since late 2006. Just 25% prefer a government with more services....
In response to:
So why are kids lunches being taken away at schools? Why are schools being fined for vending machines/sodas? Why is McDonalds under attack? These may not be direct "dictates" specifically from the first lady, but they reflect the broader "nanny state" de-evolution at work. If the left wants to change these aspects of society, then make the case and let people decide. If this really was just "information distribution" it wouldn't be a problem- but I suspect you know it's more than that now. And I didn't see anyone bring up her race but you. Pretty typical.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago