Before the ban went into effect last Sunday, high-end restaurants offered last-bite foie gras fare, and frantic foodies ran to gourmet shops to hoard up the last available portions. Even in San Francisco, where menus boast sustainable fish and local veggies, chichi eateries hosted last suppers for this most politically incorrect dish. It seems Californians have had their fill of laws that tell them what...
In response to:
Greg1084; You are right on. We smokers have been trying to warn folks for years. Want to see your future, look at where smokers are today. Fact is tobacco is a leaf, the smoke from tobacco has the same chemicals as all other burning leaves, brush, grass or trees. The marker for tobacco smoke is nicotine. Nicotine is not harmful, Google it. After 50 years and billions spent they still cannot prove that tobacco causes anything but the lie repeated has become a truth. Now consider HRT. Harmone Replacement Therapy was recommended and encouraged for women for over 25 years until they did a real research study on it and found that HRT increased the risk for cancers 32%, strokes 27% and heart attacks 23%, Google it.
John Burton has achieved the impossible. As the author of the 2004 bill that led to California's foie gras ban, the crusty former state senator, now chairman of the California Democratic Party, has made eating liver cool.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014