Before the ban went into effect last Sunday, high-end restaurants offered last-bite foie gras fare, and frantic foodies ran to gourmet shops to hoard up the last available portions. Even in San Francisco, where menus boast sustainable fish and local veggies, chichi eateries hosted last suppers for this most politically incorrect dish. It seems Californians have had their fill of laws that tell them what...
In response to:
Greg1084; You are right on. We smokers have been trying to warn folks for years. Want to see your future, look at where smokers are today. Fact is tobacco is a leaf, the smoke from tobacco has the same chemicals as all other burning leaves, brush, grass or trees. The marker for tobacco smoke is nicotine. Nicotine is not harmful, Google it. After 50 years and billions spent they still cannot prove that tobacco causes anything but the lie repeated has become a truth. Now consider HRT. Harmone Replacement Therapy was recommended and encouraged for women for over 25 years until they did a real research study on it and found that HRT increased the risk for cancers 32%, strokes 27% and heart attacks 23%, Google it.
John Burton has achieved the impossible. As the author of the 2004 bill that led to California's foie gras ban, the crusty former state senator, now chairman of the California Democratic Party, has made eating liver cool.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago