A flat tax is still a tax on income; so how would that get rid of the IRS? Some agency would still need to accept returns and mail out refund checks. Or do you think they will give up the withholding system and not take money out of our paychecks every week?....With a national sales tax, there are no returns to mail in. Also, the FairTax abolishes the 16th Amendment.
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 41 minutes ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago