In response to:
It's obvious that Mr. Adler does not understand the FairTax. First, he figures the amount of tax the way we do it now, as an added amount. With the FairTax, the tax is included in the price of the item; so a $100 item costs $100 -- not $100 plus tax. He also says that families will have a difficult time determining whether they qualify for the prebate. Since all LEGAL households in the U.S. will receive the prebate, it is not hard to determine who qualifies. If Mr. Adler does not even grasp these very basic features of the FairTax, then we can't trust his opinion on tax reform. I trust Gov. Huckabee, and will vote for him if he runs for president.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago