Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 16 mins ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago