Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 42 minutes ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago