Resistance with Respect

Lindaislost Wrote: Nov 12, 2012 11:36 AM
Agree totally. The moral right is what's wrong with this party. It's good to be moral, but it's not political. Republicans are now being seen, and rightly so, as abortionocentrist, gay hating, rape excusing, marriage protecting idiots. When do we move to the center a bit more and concentrate on big government, taxes, entitlements and regulations, and stop looking like dummies. I'm looking for another party.

A Third Party

Lindaislost Wrote: Nov 10, 2012 10:28 AM
I would love to have a party to represent me. I am a moderate and closer to Libertarian than Republican. Evangelicals have ruined the party.....it should be no business of the government to legislate abortion, marriage, rights specific to any one group. The Tea Party has it right. Let's work for small government, responsible spending, individual freedom and stay out of people's bedrooms.

The Electoral College, Under Attack

Lindaislost Wrote: Nov 02, 2012 11:58 AM
I don't read it as electors MUST be elected. I read it as the right of qualified voters to do so.?

The Electoral College, Under Attack

Lindaislost Wrote: Nov 02, 2012 11:58 AM

The Electoral College, Under Attack

Lindaislost Wrote: Nov 02, 2012 11:23 AM
Agree completely. Just finished explaining this to my 15 year old grandson...he's never been exposed to this concept. Also we must remember that the Senate was supposed to represent the states, but now is a beauty contest for Congressional superiority. Loss of the EC would permanently diminish the value of the states. Sad.

We're Hiring a New CEO

Lindaislost Wrote: Sep 24, 2012 10:46 AM
Hahahahahahahah

We're Hiring a New CEO

Lindaislost Wrote: Sep 24, 2012 10:43 AM
You and I understand that. But the undereducated and the People Magazine readers love his looks, his smile, his wife, and his eagerness to repay his voters with entitlements. Even some of my friends who are well educated say "He cares about the poor" and "the rich SHOULD pay more." It's pitiful.

We're Hiring a New CEO

Lindaislost Wrote: Sep 24, 2012 10:34 AM
Wonderful analogy. I'll remember to use it.
I totally agree. I think I represent a third party. I consider myself a libertarian, and the only real discord I have with that party is the military arguments. But this is the party of personal responsibility. Unfortunately personal responsibility is evolving downwards. I disapprove highly of the Republicans' move to the evangelical right. Where to I go as a fiscally responsible voter who couldn't care less who my neighbor marries or what their religious beliefs are. I just want government to get out of the way so that businesses can get on with doing business. But, in this elecation, a 3rd party vote is a vote for Obama. Third, or even 4th parties need to start at the local level. It can be done....look at the tea party.
I agree that a large portion of the population have no idea what is going on, and that they view the candidates relative to what they think that president will do for them. But there are a lot of people who stay informed and are cognizant of the economic weather, and really DO care. I just hope there are enough of them to vote in a positive change for this country. The fact that there are people reading this shows that at least we are trying to learn.