Seventy-five years, millions of arrests and billions of dollars later, we are still living with the consequences of that ignorant, ill-considered decision, which nationalized a policy that punishes peaceful people and squanders taxpayer money in a blind vendetta...
In response to:
Not all consrevatives oppose the decriminalzation of marajuana, Willism F Buckley Jr reccommended it over 30 years ago. Is it a good idea to use drugs for recreation? Well, no, but it's even worse to overcrowd our prison system with people smoking pot, and cancer victoms should be able to get any help there is available. This law appears to have done a lot more harm than good.
Shortly before the House of Representatives approved a federal ban on marijuana in 1937, the Republican minority leader, Bertrand Snell of New York, confessed, "I do not know anything about the bill." The Democratic majority leader, Sam Rayburn of Texas, educated him. "It has something to do with something that is called marihuana," Rayburn said. "I believe it is a narcotic of some kind."
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 14 mins ago
- Are you ready for … Chelsea Manning – The musical? Jazz Shaw 54 mins ago
- Democrats want to have it both ways on Ebola Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Feds soliciting bids for production of four million ID cards for illegal immigrants — per year Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Wendy Davis: Would Greg Abbott, who, by the way, is in an interracial marriage, defend a ban on interracial marriage? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Painful Udall interview: “We can play this over, right? Let me re-tape this.” Guy Benson 3 hours ago