Pakistan: Today, the Supreme Court gave Prime Minister Ashraf three more weeks in which to decide to comply with the court's order or refuse with the risk of being ousted from office like his predecessor, Prime Minister Gilani. The decision followed an appearance by Prime Minister Ashraf before the judges. The prime minister asked for more time which the court gave him, apparently in the interest of stable government.
The case was adjourned to 18 September.
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago