Pakistan: Today, the Supreme Court gave Prime Minister Ashraf three more weeks in which to decide to comply with the court's order or refuse with the risk of being ousted from office like his predecessor, Prime Minister Gilani. The decision followed an appearance by Prime Minister Ashraf before the judges. The prime minister asked for more time which the court gave him, apparently in the interest of stable government.
The case was adjourned to 18 September.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 28 mins ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 3 hours ago