Pakistan: Today, the Supreme Court gave Prime Minister Ashraf three more weeks in which to decide to comply with the court's order or refuse with the risk of being ousted from office like his predecessor, Prime Minister Gilani. The decision followed an appearance by Prime Minister Ashraf before the judges. The prime minister asked for more time which the court gave him, apparently in the interest of stable government.
The case was adjourned to 18 September.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 12 hours ago