Pakistan: Today, the Supreme Court gave Prime Minister Ashraf three more weeks in which to decide to comply with the court's order or refuse with the risk of being ousted from office like his predecessor, Prime Minister Gilani. The decision followed an appearance by Prime Minister Ashraf before the judges. The prime minister asked for more time which the court gave him, apparently in the interest of stable government.
The case was adjourned to 18 September.
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 8 hours ago