So here the case can be made for how the absolutists in both parties keep the numbers of babies aborted high plant your feet in the tug of war and don't give an inch. I am anti-abortion on demand and in principle but pro-choice in the case of rape, incest and to save the life of the mother. Abortion, an issue to grotesque to be discussed in polite society but who all say they want less of could be a cooperative effort to actually lessen but it keeps both parties minions on their plantations. Making the rape, incest and to save the life (or health)of the mother is humane and if adopted as law would allow any who just must have abortions access to them but would make abortion less socially acceptable as the norm but as a rare necessity.
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 27 minutes ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 58 minutes ago
- Democrats fumbling their way to turnout debacle? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Update: Tomorrow Allahpundit 2 hours ago