Nunn later graduated from college and then the University of Michigan Law School. Last month, having passed a character fitness test, Nunn passed the Georgia bar. On Monday, she will be sworn in as...
DATELINE March 25, 2008, (AP) President Bush dreadfully pardoned Jerry Lynn Moldenhauer and Thomas Donald Moldenhauer of Colorado Springs, Colo., who each received three years probation in 1994 for selling migratory bird parts in violation of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. Hence, Tom and Jerry were punished and pardoned for unsavory crimes against common blackbirds. Embarrassed and shocked by the pardons, there wasn’t much for Corvie to crow about. Sir, “Sing a song of sixpence, a pocket full of rye,” for your measures. My president, you will encounter embarrassment for your ‘Tom and Jerry’ pardons, forever and ever.
President Bill Clinton used his presidential pardon power in July 2000 to commute the sentence of Serena Nunn, who was sentenced to 15 years for a first-time nonviolent drug offense when she was 19. The pardon shaved three years off Nunn's sentence. Nunn told me over the phone, "I thought then that it was a great thing that a president used his power to help an average person."
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 37 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Oh my: Plurality of Republicans think Mitt Romney should run for president Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: 10 hours of catcalls in New York Allahpundit 12 hours ago