Nunn later graduated from college and then the University of Michigan Law School. Last month, having passed a character fitness test, Nunn passed the Georgia bar. On Monday, she will be sworn in as...
DATELINE March 25, 2008, (AP) President Bush dreadfully pardoned Jerry Lynn Moldenhauer and Thomas Donald Moldenhauer of Colorado Springs, Colo., who each received three years probation in 1994 for selling migratory bird parts in violation of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. Hence, Tom and Jerry were punished and pardoned for unsavory crimes against common blackbirds. Embarrassed and shocked by the pardons, there wasn’t much for Corvie to crow about. Sir, “Sing a song of sixpence, a pocket full of rye,” for your measures. My president, you will encounter embarrassment for your ‘Tom and Jerry’ pardons, forever and ever.
President Bill Clinton used his presidential pardon power in July 2000 to commute the sentence of Serena Nunn, who was sentenced to 15 years for a first-time nonviolent drug offense when she was 19. The pardon shaved three years off Nunn's sentence. Nunn told me over the phone, "I thought then that it was a great thing that a president used his power to help an average person."
- The Democrats have a fee-vah and the only prescription is a new government shutdown Allahpundit 49 mins ago
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago