What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
I think many Federal officials are paid quite well, especially when you consider the government fringe benefits. They outstrip comparable private sector jobs. We need to have people with a heart to serve the country as well as the intelligence and experience to do it well. They should have proved their mettle before entering politics and earned a decent living. I agree that we don't need career politicians. They use their influence and directly or indirectly get other sources of income through its use. They often become corrupt to the detriment of the people governed. Establishment media with disregard for the truth is a bigger problem today. The biggest problem may be undiscerning voters who without further research believe such media.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 4 hours ago