President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
We have 400+ comments crying over a done deal and how it's the end of life as we know it! That's a huge load of fertilizer! We have options aplenty! some of the more "extreme" ones, while Constitutionally sound, will be hard to get everyone on board with.( It was that way in 1776 too) Work on taking the White house! The opportunity is better than ever right now! Work on solid CONSERVATIVE majorities in both houses! Financially support groups with a good track record of success fighting gov't intrution (Just one example is the NRA, But there are others) Just crying about misfortune doesn't STOP misfortune. Now, it's do or die!
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Chris Matthews: Didn’t Obama tell us it was “unlikely” Ebola would come to America? Allahpundit 15 mins ago
- Video: Cop tases 62-year-old woman — while she’s walking away from him Allahpundit 55 mins ago
- US: Our collateral damage policies don’t apply to Syria, Iraq air strikes Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago