President Bush 41 epitomized these betrayals when he broke his "read my lips, no new taxes" pledge. He paid the price when he quickly went from high approval ratings as president to someone defeated for reelection by a...
We have 400+ comments crying over a done deal and how it's the end of life as we know it! That's a huge load of fertilizer! We have options aplenty! some of the more "extreme" ones, while Constitutionally sound, will be hard to get everyone on board with.( It was that way in 1776 too) Work on taking the White house! The opportunity is better than ever right now! Work on solid CONSERVATIVE majorities in both houses! Financially support groups with a good track record of success fighting gov't intrution (Just one example is the NRA, But there are others) Just crying about misfortune doesn't STOP misfortune. Now, it's do or die!
Betrayal is hard to take, whether in our personal lives or in the political life of the nation. Yet there are people in Washington -- too often, Republicans -- who start living in the Beltway atmosphere, and start forgetting those hundreds of millions of Americans beyond the Beltway who trusted them to do right by them, to use their wisdom instead of their cleverness.
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 4 minutes ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago