Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
OPPOSED TO.... Obama invested TAXPAYER MONEY in: Solyndra - BANKRUPT Ener 1 - BANKRUPT Beacon Power - BANKRUPT Abound Solar - BANKRUPT Amonix Solar - BANKRUPT Spectra Watt - BANKRUPT Eastern Energy - BANKRUPT GM Volt - Solyndra on wheels. A123 - BANKRUPT $900+ BILLION US Taxpayer Dollars with NO Jobs. NOTE: All of these companies were Obama campaign contributors.
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 47 mins ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Tina Brown: Obama makes women feel ‘unsafe’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago