What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
Your point is well taken.But remember when you force others to play at your level, they get better . If women are required to perform at a certain level to succeed, they will perform at that level or not succeed unless they get a free pass on the standards.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago