What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
I too am concerned w another unilateral decision without debate. But on this particular issue, my concern on this decision is standards of performance will not be relevant to the requirements, but only to ensure inclusion. If a man or a woman can meet the standards, great. As far as men and women in combat together, its been going on for millenia as well as the sex asociated with it. Soldiers will learn do deal with it. Our Soldiers are the strength of our army. It is not their senior leadership who have not given us victory or evan a clean finish in quite some time.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago