It is an axiom in the insurance business that insurance is not bought but sold. In 1935 Franklin Roosevelt sold Congress and Congress sold the U. S. the Social Security Act, the biggest, most comprehensive, most expensive mass insurance policy ever written. Since then its purchasers, the nation's taxpayers, have had occasion to read their policy carefully and, if they have detected no outright jokers, their reaction has been such that practically every politician in the U. S. from Franklin Roosevelt down has put revision of Social Security at the top of his must list.- Pie from the Sky Time Magazine,...
If Obama is re-elected no one will have to worry about any kind of sevurity - it won't exist. The Commander-in-Thief and his Big Brother government will run our lives from cradle to grave - freedom will die. We will all be slaves to Dictator Obama's whims of lies and deceit.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 42 minutes ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 4 hours ago