After the grisly massacre in Colorado no one will attend weekend showings of The Dark Knight Rises with expectations of a rollicking, uplifting, feel-good night at the movies. But even before its association with horrifying images of real-life mass murder, this final installment in the current Batman series suffered from serious deficiencies in terms of its fun factor. It’s wrong to suggest that the movie provoked the killings in its midnight Aurora premiere, but those crimes do, in a sense, expose the nihilistic darkness at the heart of the film...
Obama and the Dems in congress shed crocodile tears over the victims , then see this massacre as an opporunity to push their ban on guns. Take away guns from law-abiding citizens and they are prey to criminals, psychos, tyrants and crooks of every sort. This tragedy has been reported to be the ths cause of the most gun deaths by a single shooter in U.S.history. By the last count I heard that 12 people died and over 50 were wounded. Timothy Mcveigh, the Oklahoma City Bomber, didn't need a single gun to murder168 innocent people and wound 800 more. He used a home-made pipe bomb. The terrorists did their evil work using box cutters as weapons and 3000 people died after the terrorists crashed the planes into buildings.
Editors' note: this column originally appeared at the Daily Beast.
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 2 hour ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago