After the grisly massacre in Colorado no one will attend weekend showings of The Dark Knight Rises with expectations of a rollicking, uplifting, feel-good night at the movies. But even before its association with horrifying images of real-life mass murder, this final installment in the current Batman series suffered from serious deficiencies in terms of its fun factor. It’s wrong to suggest that the movie provoked the killings in its midnight Aurora premiere, but those crimes do, in a sense, expose the nihilistic darkness at the heart of the film...
Obama and the Dems in congress shed crocodile tears over the victims , then see this massacre as an opporunity to push their ban on guns. Take away guns from law-abiding citizens and they are prey to criminals, psychos, tyrants and crooks of every sort. This tragedy has been reported to be the ths cause of the most gun deaths by a single shooter in U.S.history. By the last count I heard that 12 people died and over 50 were wounded. Timothy Mcveigh, the Oklahoma City Bomber, didn't need a single gun to murder168 innocent people and wound 800 more. He used a home-made pipe bomb. The terrorists did their evil work using box cutters as weapons and 3000 people died after the terrorists crashed the planes into buildings.
Editors' note: this column originally appeared at the Daily Beast.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 11 hours ago