What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
If corporate profits have "skyrocketed," it is not the president's doing. And if it were, does that not mean that you should oppose his re-election, being a good, anti-corporate leftist?
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago