What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
One statistic, especially one of questionable accuracy and relevance, proves nothing; especially one that begins when the president was 5 years of age and 42 years before he took office. This president is absolutely an enemy of the free market. PPACA is singular proof. Dr. Sowell is a former Marxist, so he knows exactly of that which he speaks.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago