The measure, unless blocked by a judge, will take effect in six months. The health board vote was the only regulatory approval needed to become binding in the city, but the American soft-drink industry has strongly opposed...
In response to:
New Yorkers are becoming superhumans, one regulation at a time.
The New York City Board of Health today approved Mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposal to ban sugary drinks that come in sizes larger than 16 oz on a unanimous 9-0 vote. This was mildly surprising considering the national controversy that broke out in the wake of Bloomberg's initial plan, but the New York City bureaucrats have never been receptive to public outcry.
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- That ISIS guy who promised to raise Islamic flag over the White House? He’s dead Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Remembering James Foley and his work Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago