Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
The difference is that there are things that the Constitution authorizes the federal government to do, and things that it does not. Entitlements, it does not.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- ABC: Democrats privately admit ObamaCare is “political poison” Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 1 hour ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 2 hours ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 3 hours ago