Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
You voluntarily bought a car and then voluntarily paid up front to insure it, thereby choosing of your own free will to join a certain pool - a limited segment - of other individuals (also of their own free wills) to share your risk. Your loss is paid once (not once each month, ad infinitum) and you are restored to the financial position in which you were before you sustained your loss. Now I am sure you can see the faults within your analogy.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago