My Apology to Mormon Readers

Libertary Wrote: Jun 05, 2013 2:00 AM
Actually regarding Abraham, he had three. I was off there. However, it is important to note that polygamy in the Old Testament is never encouraged and often arises out of peculiar circumstances.. resulting in trouble.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Libertary Wrote: Jun 05, 2013 1:52 AM
I fail to see where the abuse of power took place.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Libertary Wrote: Jun 05, 2013 1:52 AM
Your theology is off. Abraham did not have multiple wives, he had one: her name was Sarah. He had attempted to have a child by a surrogate (in despair because he was very old and feared that his line would end) but God reassured him that his children would number the stars. Christians don't need to prove anything.. rather simply draw attention to the ways in which everything but the Bible falls apart under scrutiny. I think you need to re-think your post.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Libertary Wrote: Jun 05, 2013 1:33 AM
Let's not let our reasoned disagreement TRANSFORM into Mormon-hate, however. For those of you commenting who are brothers and sisters, these Mormons are potential brothers and sisters. Let's love them. Of course, let's stay in the Truth; but let's love them by it.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Libertary Wrote: Jun 05, 2013 1:28 AM
"As for damning heresy, Mikes post justifies and promotes mormon bigotry and hate." Absolutely false. Mike's post points out the obvious discrepancies between Mormonism and Christianity, as well as the obvious differences in quality between the Book of Mormon (changing, inconsistent) and the Bible (unchanging, impenetrably consistent). You are showing bigotry here by failing to recognize Mike's good points and respond to them with your own. Instead of listening to Mike, you have put up a wall and resorted to ad hominem accusations of hate and bigotry where nothing of the sort exists... only reasoned disagreement.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Libertary Wrote: Jun 05, 2013 1:21 AM
After reading this column, I think more of Mike Adams. He made excellent points and did so boldly. If you have adequate refutations, do so boldly.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Libertary Wrote: Jun 05, 2013 1:20 AM
Apologize for claiming the name of Christ in falsehood. Mike brought up some excellent questions. Answer them.

My Apology to Mormon Readers

Libertary Wrote: Jun 05, 2013 1:17 AM
I think I understand where you're coming from. You see, I too can think of a group that both atheist and Christian conservatives and liberals alike come together to mock.. flat-earthers. All anyone ever does is bash flat-earthers! A quick Google search on flat-earthism reveals a long history of rejection by the religious, scientific, and political populations of the world. They spew the most vitriolic things about people who only live to believe in a flat earth.. that they are not students of astronomy!!! Wait a second... I think I may have it wrong. They are not bashing flat-earthers... they are just questioning their beliefs! If their beliefs do not reconcile with astronomical findings, they cannot be considered students of astronomy. Likewise, if Mormonism does not reconcile with Christianity, it is not Christianity. So, thank you Euripides for your dramatic observance of the plight of Mormons in society. It is wrong for anyone to be treated badly. However, it would be indecent to allow you to unknowingly believe a lie: that Mormons are Christians. Plight proves nothing.

The Judgment of Future Generations

Libertary Wrote: May 31, 2013 1:33 AM
I have studied the LDS Church. If there is an area where I am misguided, feel free to offer correction. However, I believe I have been accurate that Mormons do not believe in the God of the Bible, the whole Bible, and nothing but the Bible. If that however is true and Mormonism (or Catholicism for that matter) is therefore the exact same thing as Christianity (which they are not), then correct me and justify your claims.

The Judgment of Future Generations

Libertary Wrote: May 31, 2013 1:29 AM
Just because you disagree with it does not make it an opinion. The Old and New Testaments validate themselves as the only summation of revelation from God. Outside of that, everything is dubious and contradictory not only to itself, but the Bible. Truth that transcends is a bit more than an opinion.