After all of his seemingly endless campaign stops and harsh rhetoric about the rich not paying "their fair share," it turns out that the president’s proposed tax hikes on “the rich” will only raise enough revenue to run the government for about eight days. But that doesn’t really matter, of course, because it’s all about “fairness.” In other words, if Washington lawmakers are serious about reducing the federal deficit -- as they claim to be -- the real solution is that they must stop borrowing and spending money we don’t have. We cannot carry on like this indefinitely:...
I wonder how big the Pentagon's budget would be if only the PROPONENTS (i.e., NeoCons) of a Trillion$ foreign-policy were responsible for paying for it? You get to spend TRILLION$ on Corporate Welfare, fighting pointless wars, and just overall being the world's Daddy and...you get to stick OTHER PEOPLE (oftentimes the UNBORN you 'care' so much about!) w/the bill! Socialism is a wonderful system, isn't it Cons?
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago