Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
to Bigdogwhoneedsbackonthechain: Its funny.. i feel exactly 180 degrees opposite. Ive been subjected to conservative arrogance and destestation for 30 years. I'm sick and tired of the holier than thou bible thumpers trying to tell me how to think as they screw up the country. IIRC, those 30 years were more conservatives in charge of things than liberals. And really? you dont think theres a record of conservatives attacking people in the street for how they think or how they pursue happiness. So there we have more in common than you'd think. But to consider other Americans as vermin and fantasize about their mass extinction is beyond the pall. That attitude is how evil is spread. Americans are better than that.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago