Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
to Bigdogwhoneedsbackonthechain: Its funny.. i feel exactly 180 degrees opposite. Ive been subjected to conservative arrogance and destestation for 30 years. I'm sick and tired of the holier than thou bible thumpers trying to tell me how to think as they screw up the country. IIRC, those 30 years were more conservatives in charge of things than liberals. And really? you dont think theres a record of conservatives attacking people in the street for how they think or how they pursue happiness. So there we have more in common than you'd think. But to consider other Americans as vermin and fantasize about their mass extinction is beyond the pall. That attitude is how evil is spread. Americans are better than that.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 8 hours ago