So, transparency is good - unless it rightfully points out that torture was rampant under the Bush administration. As Americas, we should be livid that torture was happening. It's against the Geneva convention Also, it's against those Christian beliefs that commenters here are always talking about. I guess that you guy only care about Christian beliefs when it comes to gay marriage, abortion and Christmas though?

The Hypocrisy Over Presidential Kids

Libby312 Wrote: Dec 03, 2014 6:21 PM
Actually, Red, what I am saying is that when presidential children break the law or go on a reality show and write a book about their lives, they are not protected. the fact that those 2 examples are children of republicans is merely coincidental. I don't recall Chelsea Clinton getting arrested or having pictures of her drunken escapades in the tabloids. She was really the model presidential child which I am sure history would show is rare if I cared to research it. However, we are dealing with teenagers. While my teenager is a great kid, I am sure that the cameras would catch her rolling her eyes at some of the things that I say or looking bored at times. It's the nature of a teenager.
So, it's a woman's fault that men don't respect women? That's total bs. It's a cop out.

The Hypocrisy Over Presidential Kids

Libby312 Wrote: Dec 03, 2014 12:29 PM
How on earth were they inappropriate? They look just like my daughter and every girl at her school. They were simply skirts and tights. There is nothing at all inappropriate about that. They were dressed like teenage girls dress.

The Hypocrisy Over Presidential Kids

Libby312 Wrote: Dec 03, 2014 12:25 PM
I agree that presidential children should be kept out of it. And I believe that no matter what political party they belong to. There are exceptions however. When Bristol Palin goes on a reality show and writes a book about her life, she is fair game for lack of a better term. She willingly put herself out there for praise or criticism. Also, when presidential children are arrested (a la the Bush twins), they are also open to that being reported. The Bush twins have both grown in to lovely young ladies with all of the poise and class that their mother shown over the years. Also let's not forget that Chelsea Clinton was endlessly mocked for her hair, her appearance, her clothes, etc. when she was still a minor. To me, picking on innocent children is the lowest of low.

This Just In: Tesco is Sexist

Libby312 Wrote: Nov 26, 2014 2:55 PM
I have to agree with this mother. As a kid, I loved playing with my Barbies and my brothers' GI Joes. I also enjoyed playing football in the backyard with them and their friends and gushing over male celebrities in magazines with my girl friends. Too often we tell kids that they can't do things simply because of their gender. It's why boys are too often hesitant to take dance classes even if they want to and have tons of talents. Instead we should be encouraging kids' interests and talents that help make them well rounded adults.
Except he didn't actually know about the alleged armed robbery...
but it was cool when Presidents Regan and Bush Sr did the same thing, right?

How to Get Away With Sleazy Sex Scenes

Libby312 Wrote: Nov 14, 2014 11:01 PM
I do. A 12 year old. And she doesn't watch anything that I haven't approved.

How to Get Away With Sleazy Sex Scenes

Libby312 Wrote: Nov 14, 2014 1:48 PM
I agree, Ross. My daughter never watched shows that I didn't allow her to watch. She's almost a teenager now and still doesn't watch shows that I do not allow her to watch.

How to Get Away With Sleazy Sex Scenes

Libby312 Wrote: Nov 14, 2014 1:46 PM
Here's an idea. If you don't like the programming, don't watch it. If there wasn't an audience for these shows, they wouldn't be on TV.