On Wednesday, in craven contradiction to that position, Boehner plans to lead the Republican-controlled House in enacting a continuing resolution that will fund the government for the rest of fiscal 2013 and that will provide the administration with the money to carry out its...
Understand this - you're losing the argument. Women deserve adequate health care. Not everyone uses birth control to prevent pregnancy. I certainly do not. I am a Christian of strong faith who believes that sex is something that should only happen in marriage. I've always believed it even I haven't always lived it (hello, college and unplanned pregnancy). But since having my daughter, my faith has become stronger, and I returned to my once sacred beliefs. I said that to say this - birth control shouldn't be left to religous scholars. There are many reasons why birth control other than condoms is needed. For me, it is to prevent periods that happen twice a month. The GOP seriously needs an education in matters of women's health.
When the Obama administration finalized its regulation requiring health care plans to provide cost-free coverage for sterilizations, contraceptives and abortion-inducing drugs, House Speaker John Boehner -- as this column noted last year -- was one of those who correctly argued that the regulation was an attack on religious freedom and that Congress must not let it stand.
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 18 mins ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago