In response to:
A starter home in NJ is now about $300,000. If the bubble never happened that would be between $100-150k. For those buyers without equity from a pre-bubble house, home ownership is not that affordable. Most everywhere in the country the cost of real estate is 2-4 times what it would be if the bubble never happened. 50% of my income goes toward my condo - when there isn't an assessment - and 65-75% when there is an assessment. And I bought because it was cheaper than rent in my area. If only the government stayed out of our housing business "helping" people afford houses they couldn't afford.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 7 hours ago