Who was that man, and what has he done with Mitt Romney? The Republican presidential nominee was more cheerful, more prepared, more specific, more informed and more energetic than President Obama tonight, resulting in a genuine rout. Romney seemed eager to answer every question, Obama looked peeved and sluggish. For every straw man argument the president raised, his challenger offered a lengthy and detailed rebuttal, in full command of the facts. Romney won virtually every single exchange throughout the night -- on jobs, on deficits, on energy, on Medicare, on health care, and especially on the role of government. Obama's...
Obama's most comfortable in venues where people just admire his adorableness, like "The View," or a pizza restaurant where he gets a big hug. He's been campaigning like a little kid, called into the living room by his parents to show off for guests. All he has to do in such events is let the guests fawn on him. Debates call for a little more than that, especially when the jive-talk and B.S. wear thin. . .
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 7 hours ago