Who was that man, and what has he done with Mitt Romney? The Republican presidential nominee was more cheerful, more prepared, more specific, more informed and more energetic than President Obama tonight, resulting in a genuine rout. Romney seemed eager to answer every question, Obama looked peeved and sluggish. For every straw man argument the president raised, his challenger offered a lengthy and detailed rebuttal, in full command of the facts. Romney won virtually every single exchange throughout the night -- on jobs, on deficits, on energy, on Medicare, on health care, and especially on the role of government. Obama's...
Obama's most comfortable in venues where people just admire his adorableness, like "The View," or a pizza restaurant where he gets a big hug. He's been campaigning like a little kid, called into the living room by his parents to show off for guests. All he has to do in such events is let the guests fawn on him. Debates call for a little more than that, especially when the jive-talk and B.S. wear thin. . .
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago