Who was that man, and what has he done with Mitt Romney? The Republican presidential nominee was more cheerful, more prepared, more specific, more informed and more energetic than President Obama tonight, resulting in a genuine rout. Romney seemed eager to answer every question, Obama looked peeved and sluggish. For every straw man argument the president raised, his challenger offered a lengthy and detailed rebuttal, in full command of the facts. Romney won virtually every single exchange throughout the night -- on jobs, on deficits, on energy, on Medicare, on health care, and especially on the role of government. Obama's...
Obama's most comfortable in venues where people just admire his adorableness, like "The View," or a pizza restaurant where he gets a big hug. He's been campaigning like a little kid, called into the living room by his parents to show off for guests. All he has to do in such events is let the guests fawn on him. Debates call for a little more than that, especially when the jive-talk and B.S. wear thin. . .
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago