Who was that man, and what has he done with Mitt Romney? The Republican presidential nominee was more cheerful, more prepared, more specific, more informed and more energetic than President Obama tonight, resulting in a genuine rout. Romney seemed eager to answer every question, Obama looked peeved and sluggish. For every straw man argument the president raised, his challenger offered a lengthy and detailed rebuttal, in full command of the facts. Romney won virtually every single exchange throughout the night -- on jobs, on deficits, on energy, on Medicare, on health care, and especially on the role of government. Obama's...
Obama's most comfortable in venues where people just admire his adorableness, like "The View," or a pizza restaurant where he gets a big hug. He's been campaigning like a little kid, called into the living room by his parents to show off for guests. All he has to do in such events is let the guests fawn on him. Debates call for a little more than that, especially when the jive-talk and B.S. wear thin. . .
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago