Who was that man, and what has he done with Mitt Romney? The Republican presidential nominee was more cheerful, more prepared, more specific, more informed and more energetic than President Obama tonight, resulting in a genuine rout. Romney seemed eager to answer every question, Obama looked peeved and sluggish. For every straw man argument the president raised, his challenger offered a lengthy and detailed rebuttal, in full command of the facts. Romney won virtually every single exchange throughout the night -- on jobs, on deficits, on energy, on Medicare, on health care, and especially on the role of government. Obama's...
Obama's most comfortable in venues where people just admire his adorableness, like "The View," or a pizza restaurant where he gets a big hug. He's been campaigning like a little kid, called into the living room by his parents to show off for guests. All he has to do in such events is let the guests fawn on him. Debates call for a little more than that, especially when the jive-talk and B.S. wear thin. . .
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 22 mins ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 3 hours ago