He's a rotten little spoiled brat. He's been told how wonderful and precious he is by everyone he knows, all his life. And he's been pushed ahead and advanced on the basis of no merit of his own. So he campaigns like a little kid, who has been called in by his parents to show off for visitors. "Look how precious and adorable I am!" Some qualification!
At law school, few people knew Barack Obama really well, and I wasn't one of them, although we did have some dealings when we overlapped The Harvard Law Review.
But in the run up to the convention, it's clear that there are people who have had extensive dealings with him -- and they don't like him very much. Two themes have emerged from news coverage in the last two days, and they are revealing:
(1) He's selfish:
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition; Update: “Poor choice of words” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago