I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Hey anybody see the Fiscal cliff yet? Im trying to determine who is going to get hurt the most. Maybe we can get our resources together and move to some nice place and begin a new life. We could get a Lotto ticket in a pool and maybe win. that would be nice.
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago