I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Hey anybody see the Fiscal cliff yet? Im trying to determine who is going to get hurt the most. Maybe we can get our resources together and move to some nice place and begin a new life. We could get a Lotto ticket in a pool and maybe win. that would be nice.
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago