I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Hey anybody see the Fiscal cliff yet? Im trying to determine who is going to get hurt the most. Maybe we can get our resources together and move to some nice place and begin a new life. We could get a Lotto ticket in a pool and maybe win. that would be nice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago