I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Hey anybody see the Fiscal cliff yet? Im trying to determine who is going to get hurt the most. Maybe we can get our resources together and move to some nice place and begin a new life. We could get a Lotto ticket in a pool and maybe win. that would be nice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago