I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Hey anybody see the Fiscal cliff yet? Im trying to determine who is going to get hurt the most. Maybe we can get our resources together and move to some nice place and begin a new life. We could get a Lotto ticket in a pool and maybe win. that would be nice.
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 54 mins ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago