Let's think about whether all acts of Congress deserve our respect and obedience. Suppose Congress enacted a law -- and the Supreme Court ruled it constitutional -- requiring American families to attend church services at least three times a month. Should we obey such a law? Suppose Congress, acting under the Constitution's commerce clause, enacted a law requiring motorists to get eight hours of sleep before driving on interstate highways. Its justification might be that drowsy motorists risk highway accidents and accidents affect interstate commerce. Suppose you were a jury member during the 1850s and a free person were on trial...
I agree with what you say and have done so. I don't support drug use,but as you have said the government is taking powers never granted to it. The same is true when it comes to all weapons laws. IF WE the PEOPLE want to stop over Reach by OUR GOVERNMENT this is but one the way to do it!
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago