As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing, attacked the Bible and reportedly called those who efused [sic] to listen to his rant “pansy asses.”
The speaker was Dan Savage, founder of the “It Gets Better” project, an anti-bullying campaign that has reached more than 40 million viewers with contributors ranging from President Obama to Hollywood stars. Savage also writes a sex advice column called “Savage Love.”
Savage, and his husband, were also guests at the White House for President Obama’s 2011...
In response to:
Perhaps the real story here is one of courage on the part of the teachers and students who stood up and walked out on the totally inappropriate remarks of Dan Savage. Without their courageous actions there would be no story and no one would know that the National Scholastic Press Association has so violated the trust of parents and schools as to invite someone like Dan Savage to verbally assault teens and their personal values under the ironic idea of "preventing" bullying.
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 30 mins ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago