The answer to a sluggish economy is the prescription Adam Smith gave in his Wealth of Nations: millions of people following their own dreams will invent and produce everything a country needs, including job. So, let's follow our dreams, not Obama's.

Bobby Jindal Tells GOP to Defund Obamacare

lesoc Wrote: Aug 27, 2013 8:34 AM
Who says there has to be an alternative? The answer is so simple, it's amazing you can't see it. How about self sufficiency? Get the government the hell out of it. Let people take care of themselves. If they take dope, or become boozers, or eat themselves to death, so be it. Let families and churches care for old people. That's the way it always was and should be again. Whose idiotic idea is it that we the people have to pay for other people's follies? Communism didn't work for the original Plymouth Colony, and it still can't work.

Bobby Jindal Tells GOP to Defund Obamacare

lesoc Wrote: Aug 27, 2013 8:29 AM
Bobby Jindal walks like a conservative, talks (quacks) like a conservative, but...is he a conservative? Can someone tell me how a Rhodes Scholar (which is training for world socialists) can be a conservative. I don't believe he could have fooled his way into the Rhodes scholarship, so what caused him to have a change of heart. ..if he did? Anybody know? I'd like to know.
It strikes me the RNC has been retarded for years on this subject. What sick person would put himself in the hands of a doctor or a surgeon who hates him? Most of us dummies out here in the hinterlands have wondered for years about the stupidity of the RNC placing itself in the hands of its enemies. Haven't they ever heard of complex questions like, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" This will be good news, if it happens, but with retarded RNC people, you never know.
There are two broken loops in the beltway that are killing us. Loop one is the union dues-contributions that bribe our legislators to pass laws favorable to the unions. Those dues loop back to the legislators to help them stay in office. Broken loop two is the loop that lets industrial lobbyists bribe our legislators to allow companies to go overseas, use near slave labor, then bring the products back here without paying taxes at the border. Then the legislators cry about all our jobs going overseas. They also call those companies American Companies, but my definition of an American company is one that employs mostly Americans. They claim that gets us cheaper products doing it this way. I haven't seen any prices going down, only record profits reported. Slavery was good business way back when. Apparently it still is. We need a good tailor to fix those crooked beltway loops.

Still About Jobs and Freedoms

lesoc Wrote: Aug 27, 2013 8:03 AM
Charles, I read the Federalist Papers when I was 16, then I read Atlas Shrugged while bumping around on a Navy bus in Japan when I was 18. Later on, I read Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations, then still later, Hayek's Road to Serfdom. All of those weighty tomes turned me into what I like to call a "near libertarian" and a hard-nosed believer in free enterprise capitalism. I appreciate you and Stossel staying true to your principles. Most of the other commentators seem to be fuzzy around the edges. Keep up the good work. As long as you stay true, I'll stay a fan.

The Government's Newest Stupid Human Trick

lesoc Wrote: Aug 27, 2013 7:55 AM
The BIG LIE is a major communist weapon. Apparently it is for this administration, too. Mmmmmmm.... so what's the conclusion?

The Government's Newest Stupid Human Trick

lesoc Wrote: Aug 27, 2013 7:53 AM
You want to hear a really scary idea? What if Obama is so stupid he actually believes he's doing a good job. Puppet Presidents don't really think, do they?

The Government's Newest Stupid Human Trick

lesoc Wrote: Aug 27, 2013 7:45 AM
The are two broken loops in the beltway that are killing us. Loop one is the union dues-contributions that bribe our legislators to pass laws favorable to the unions. Those dues loop back to the legislators to help them stay in office. Broken loop two is the loop that lets industrial lobbyists bribe our legislators to allow companies to go overseas, use near slave labor, then bring the products back here with out paying taxes at the border. Then the legislators cry about all our jobs going overseas. They also call those companies American Companies, but my definition of an American company is one that employs mostly Americans. They claim that gets us cheaper products doing it this way. I haven't seen any prices going down, only record profits reported. Slavery was good business way back when. Apparently it still is. We need a good tailor to fix those crooked beltway loop.