In response to:
"Of course you can’t expect a private organization to be more righteous than the culture." I do. The culture is an average of many different institutions. They are not all the same standard of righteousness, not all equally diminished. If they were, the culture could not worsen. Some must be better and worse than others. Our declining culture only means there are more in a state of deterioration than improvement. The very notion of the word "trend" implies cyclicality. Conservatism must be understood not as "trend back" but "trend better." When you are on the wrong road, the man "trending better" is the man who turns back soonest.
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 18 minutes ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 57 minutes ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 4 hours ago