In response to:
"Of course you can’t expect a private organization to be more righteous than the culture." I do. The culture is an average of many different institutions. They are not all the same standard of righteousness, not all equally diminished. If they were, the culture could not worsen. Some must be better and worse than others. Our declining culture only means there are more in a state of deterioration than improvement. The very notion of the word "trend" implies cyclicality. Conservatism must be understood not as "trend back" but "trend better." When you are on the wrong road, the man "trending better" is the man who turns back soonest.
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 3 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 4 hours ago