In response to:
"Of course you can’t expect a private organization to be more righteous than the culture." I do. The culture is an average of many different institutions. They are not all the same standard of righteousness, not all equally diminished. If they were, the culture could not worsen. Some must be better and worse than others. Our declining culture only means there are more in a state of deterioration than improvement. The very notion of the word "trend" implies cyclicality. Conservatism must be understood not as "trend back" but "trend better." When you are on the wrong road, the man "trending better" is the man who turns back soonest.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 52 mins ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 3 hours ago