How are American newspapers and networks covering the Conclave? Poorly, if at all. Most of the stories are breathless horserace-style speculations about men they don't know. When American journalists venture into the issues facing the Roman Catholic Church they rightly mention the abuse scandals and then most stop, except for a few who go on about celibacy --which is not going to change no matter who emerges as the new pope. When you next spot an article talking about the slaughter of Christians in the world or the suppression of the Church in China, send me a link. The next pope...
And the link didn't post because I went over the word limit For youir edification - here it is: http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/nicene-credence You might also want to familiarize yourself with the Nicene Creed, which came out of the council. Here is that link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creed_of_Nicaea
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 4 hours ago