How are American newspapers and networks covering the Conclave? Poorly, if at all. Most of the stories are breathless horserace-style speculations about men they don't know. When American journalists venture into the issues facing the Roman Catholic Church they rightly mention the abuse scandals and then most stop, except for a few who go on about celibacy --which is not going to change no matter who emerges as the new pope. When you next spot an article talking about the slaughter of Christians in the world or the suppression of the Church in China, send me a link. The next pope...
Balony, its a myth, a story, made up. No history to it. No pope named "Joan".
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 minutes ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 5 hours ago