I agree with what you have stated except your definition of marriage. I have no bigotry towards homosexuality, I simply believe it to be an unnatural sexual act. I believe Homosexuals should have the same rights as any American I just don't believe we should change the legal definition of marriage. I wish you to explain anything I posted above as being inaccurate. You can't simply say your side is more enlightened and experienced thus you are inaccurate, you must point out where I am wrong. At least if you wish to prove your argument.
Fair point? Only if you lack the ability to discern that there are levels of persecution beyond having your head chopped off. Using alank's logic nobody in the United Stated could claim persecution for anything. His argument is absurd and posting this drivel is in poor taste.
Gay marriage supporters love the straw man argument that traditional marriage supporters are violating the rights of homosexuals because they are against them changing the fundamental definition of marriage. You must buy in to the fallacy that homosexuality is a fundamental human right. By definition homosexuality is an unnatural sexual act that is practiced by about 2% of the population. The majority of the people and cultures that inhabit planet earth believe what I have posted here to be accurate. Marriage by definition is between a man and a woman. Common sense has only been subverted in parts of Europe and North America.

Resurrecting Supernaturalism

Lepanto Wrote: Feb 11, 2015 12:37 PM
I provided an explanation you can believe what you wish. If you understand anything about statistics and probability it is absolutely statistically impossible that our existence is some random cosmic accident.

Resurrecting Supernaturalism

Lepanto Wrote: Feb 11, 2015 12:17 PM
I never said Einstein believed in a personal God just that he believed the existence of God. So please don’t create some straw man argument based on something I never said. He wrote much that man could never fully comprehend God’s nature. He could be best thought of as an agnostic which for this discustion of God’s role in creation is entirely germaine.

Resurrecting Supernaturalism

Lepanto Wrote: Feb 11, 2015 10:46 AM
Tacitus, Albert Einstein believed God exists. I will take his word on the subject.

Resurrecting Supernaturalism

Lepanto Wrote: Feb 11, 2015 10:44 AM
Dark Movie, their actually is a Biblical explanation to your impertinent question. The Bible says God is spirit so He has no form in our universe. The Bible also says God spoke creation into existence. When God speaks this is akin to us manipulating a keyboard to create a virtual world inside a computer. You are outside the computer but can affect the virtual world of the computer. God is outside of the time space continuum of our universe that is where He was when He spoke the universe into existence.

Resurrecting Supernaturalism

Lepanto Wrote: Feb 11, 2015 10:06 AM
1 Corinthians 15:12-19 "12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied."

Let 'Em Rot in Hell

Lepanto Wrote: Feb 10, 2015 4:52 PM
Senator Cotton has certainly made a good start as the junior Senator from Arkansas. His description of what should happen to those housed at Gitmo reminded me of General Patton.
Amy, that is completely untrue. Even in the Greco-Roman cultures that were more tolerant of homosexuality there never was legally recognized Same Sex Marriage. Historically all laws to include inheritance or royal succession were based on traditional marriages. What you wrote about ancient same sex marriages is pure fallacy.