The current political wisdom as expressed by the deep thinkers at the Washington Post and the New York Times holds that President Obama stands triumphant and, as such, he is now confidently setting the national agenda. As E.J. Dionne wrote in the Post last week, “He (Obama) is free from the need to save an economy close to collapse, from illusions that Republicans in Congress would work with him readily, from the threat of a rising Tea Party movement, and from the need to run for re-election.” Is that a fact? Today the economy shows an 8% unemployment rate, which is...
The primary catastrophe that will result from the Republicans becoming a minority in both houses of Congress again will be not that the loss will signal their demise but that Obama will enact the Marxist transformation which he has been promising in the last 2 years of his second term. He will inflict the death blow to his nation from which it will never recover. The death of the Republican Party will be trivial by comparison and irrelevant. We will become the United Socialist States of America by 2016 and Regan's victory over the Evil Empire will have been for naught and dwindle into insignificance as the USSA become the new evil empire and its citizens adapt to living in its gulag.
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 3 hours ago