It is puzzling that so many minorities voted for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney considering how disproportionately they have suffered economically during Obama's presidency. Black unemployment under Obama increased at a higher pace than whites, from 12.7% to 14.1%, ending at almost twice the unemployment rate of whites. Now, one out of every seven blacks is unemployed. White unemployment barely increased under Obama, from 7.1% to 7.4%.
In response to:
Minorities have been sold a bill of goods based on racist rhetoric. Obama stands for the opposite of color blindness, and has made Americans hyper-aware of race. He has fooled minorities into thinking the questionable Trayvon Martin and Henry Louis Gates incidents represent racism, when in reality, the millions of minorities who have disproportionately lost their jobs, homes and savings are the real minority victims." What do tyrants and dictators in 3rd world countries do when their economies and standards of living decline? They blame the Jews or the Rich or Whites or Imperialists or Zionists, or whatever, for the problems; OR, they become belligerent and find an external enemy to divert attention from their own failings.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago