I lived in China 1989-94 and saw the remnants of the Cultural Revolution. I totally agree with the article. They are great at building things, but maintaining them is another matter. I've never understood WHY they hang on to Mao, it's just Chinese mindset that is so hard to change. And when I see the young people, what comes to mind, is "Too Much, Too Soon", most don't know how to wisely handle the changes.
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 15 minutes ago
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 55 minutes ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago