Speaker John Boehner has proposed allowing tax rates to rise for the wealthiest Americans if President Barack Obama agrees to major entitlement cuts, according to several sources close to the talks. It is the first time Boehner has offered any boost in marginal tax rates for any income group, and it would represent a major concession for the Ohio Republican. Boehner suggested hiking...
In response to:
Class warfare and envy are winning. Greed as defined (the want for more than one needs) is a characteristic of mankind (if you own jewelry you fit the definition of greedy), It can spawn two emotions either ambition or envy. Ambition creates people like Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell and Henry Ford, three of many 1%ers that have made life better for almost every person on earth and are responsible for millions of jobs over the decades. The other emotion envy spawns crime and communism.
- New Hillary memoir to be titled “Hard Choices”? Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago